As a way to capture a theme emerging through our creative collaboration, she played the piano and I wrote this poem.
My heart opens
to the world
when I begin moving and
keep moving
even when I become afraid
especially when I become afraid
I go to center of the swirling
and flow
inside the stillness
and when I have something to hold onto
with my hands,
the sandstone
or the hands
of a friend,
I begin to find my balance
and my heart
begins to open more
because it feels safe
knowing trust
resides in the energy of hands
the intimacy of connection
the touch of connection
and commitment
to the creative force
that infuses all life
and holds us together
in the face of doubt and fear
tragedy and depression,
the creative force
and creative faith
keeps us alive
sustains us
maintains us
nurtures us
so that what we’ve hoped for
becomes our daily possibility...
so that what we’ve wanted is what we are living...
so that what we’ve dreamed is what we wake up to
day after day
in a performance of living in love
in the form of alliances shared
--words by Diana Tigerlily, with music by Maria V. Johnson

No comments:
Post a Comment