Because I feel as though I might implode
beneath the weight of my own need to find the words
that speak my heart and move my mind and match my pace,
I seek to energetically transform my sense of place
I speak to existentially express my voice
I move to seamlessly embody psychic space
I act to self-reflexively examine choice
I watch the birds to learn how wings embrace
I savor wind to feel how clouds rejoice
I sing with waves so I can taste the water’s trace
across the salty sand, where coexistence demonstrates
permanency of fossilized shells alongside ephemerality of footprints,
a performance of how everything that’s washed away remains
alive in timelessness, where temporal dimensions
intersect on a fluid shoreline, a timeline drawn in sand
by the crab’s sideways impressions
imprinted on a temporary canvas that always stays
infinitely in flux and consistently present
in an ongoing conversation between sea and sand,
salt and earth, a recorded history of predictions for the future
And now I swim in weightlessness of water
and skim my toes to carve my words in sand,
beside the nautilus in spiral wisdom,
to be swallowed by the sea, tasted by me
in traces of song and salt on the wind, waving to me
a new canvas of sand, inevitable conversation,
and saving me from that impending implosion.
--Diana Tigerlily

No comments:
Post a Comment