The Matter of Facts. Last weekend we added the finishing touches to the room when Greg finished building the fireplace mantel from the oak planks our friends gave us. Greg also built the bookshelves from the same wood. I can't take credit for the bookshelves and mantel. Greg did that awesome work, with help from Raynah--although I can say I was a co-designer. I will take credit for the overall design of the room, including colors and textures. I layered seven coats of paint/plaster on the walls (and two on the ceiling) to cover the paneling. Greg built the stairs. I laid the ceramic tile for the fireplace. We both laid the hardwood floors. During the remodeling process, our first baby goats were born.
November 17, 2008
photo essay of room remodeling
This past July Greg and I remodeled our family room. You may recall the poem I posted about it called
The Matter of Facts. Last weekend we added the finishing touches to the room when Greg finished building the fireplace mantel from the oak planks our friends gave us. Greg also built the bookshelves from the same wood. I can't take credit for the bookshelves and mantel. Greg did that awesome work, with help from Raynah--although I can say I was a co-designer. I will take credit for the overall design of the room, including colors and textures. I layered seven coats of paint/plaster on the walls (and two on the ceiling) to cover the paneling. Greg built the stairs. I laid the ceramic tile for the fireplace. We both laid the hardwood floors. During the remodeling process, our first baby goats were born.





The Matter of Facts. Last weekend we added the finishing touches to the room when Greg finished building the fireplace mantel from the oak planks our friends gave us. Greg also built the bookshelves from the same wood. I can't take credit for the bookshelves and mantel. Greg did that awesome work, with help from Raynah--although I can say I was a co-designer. I will take credit for the overall design of the room, including colors and textures. I layered seven coats of paint/plaster on the walls (and two on the ceiling) to cover the paneling. Greg built the stairs. I laid the ceramic tile for the fireplace. We both laid the hardwood floors. During the remodeling process, our first baby goats were born.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment