July 23, 2008

writing with a view


I'm sitting in my new writing space in front of the window that opens into my backyard.  I've been waiting for this moment forever.  I've always wanted a writing space that looked upon an expanse, and I feel pretty darn privileged to have this now. I've written in this room before, but only in snatches, and never in a settled in way. Now the room is situated so that I can sit directly in front of the window. (Ooh! a hummingbird just darted in front of the window, just now, hovered and then darted back away!) I'm hoping to build some bookshelves out of these raw oak planks that were given to us for free and bring all my books down here so I can really settle into writing. My plan is to first write one book, and then to write several more. Right here in front of this window.  From my window, on this particular day, in this particular season, I can see the moss roses--fuschia pink, mustard yellow, and pumpkin orange.  The tomatoes are red, red, red and laden on the healthy green vine. As soon as I'm finished writing, I'm going to harvest them.  Yippee for writing spaces and garden tomatoes. Yippee for windows. A place from which I can share my view(s).

No comments: