January 25, 2010

Running Again

On a different note...

I started running again. I started running on January 17th, and I haven't missed a day since. I've run 9 days in a row. The first five days I ran in averages of twenty minute chunks interspersed with 5-10 minute walks.  The 6th & 7th days I mostly walked, with brief running jaunts. And then--insert triumphant trumpet--on the 8th & 9th days, I ran 45 minutes solid. I'm so happy about this. I'm feeling back in my groove and know I'm getting back into shape--physically, mentally, creatively.  I can feel the core of myself, beneath the excessive layers of clothing and flesh, singing, thanks for remembering me...  


So, here I am.

I'm writing again and I'm running again. My two daily disciplines. My maintenance of voice and breath.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad to hear it, Di! Two great things to keep going in life - keeping the body and the soul aglow!

Diana Tigerlily said...

so true, bob...so true