March 2, 2009

Photos of our baby goats

On January 29, our goat Zip gave birth to twins. We named them Particle and Wave.





The next day, our goat Sapphire gave birth to Astarte.






A few days ago, on February 27, Pink went into labor. I was with her. Her labor was difficult. Pink was struggling. I realized that I needed to intervene--something I'd not yet ever had to do. Going on pure gut and instinct, I reached in and could feel that the baby was sideways and twisted. I pulled out the baby while Pink pushed. The baby wasn't alive. I cried and cried and cried. Pink rested for a few minutes, and then with ease, she birthed another baby. I watched it gasp its first breath. A few minutes later, one more baby slipped out and breathed.




2 comments:

Waterlily said...

OMG!!! They are sooooo cute!!!

Anonymous said...

You are right, the cutest!